Thank You Note for a Retirement Gift
There are a few things to keep in mind when writing retirement thank you notes. First, be sure to personalize each note. Mentioning the retirement gift by name shows that you took the time to notice and appreciate what they gave you.
For example, if you received a retirement watch, you might say something like “I’ll always think of you whenever I check the time”
Second, keep your thank you notes short and sweet. Your friends and colleagues don’t need a long letter, a couple of sentences will do. You really just want them to know how much your wonderful gift is highly appreciated
Lastly, make sure you sign each note with your name to add a personal touch. Following these tips will help you write retirement thank you messages that are both meaningful and memorable.
We are here to help. Below you will find dozens of well written sample retirement thank you messages for you to use. Let the people who remembered you know how much you appreciate both the retirement party and the retirement gifts bestowed upon you.
How Do You Say Thank You For A Retirement Gift?
- Thank you for making my retirement day so much fun with your heartfelt wishes and wonderful great gifts! You really made my retirement day, I will be forever grateful to you all.
- I am sending this group email to thank each and every one of your for the wonderful retirement party you threw for me on the day of my retirement. Thank you for my fantastic gift of golf clubs. You choose the absolute perfect gift for me. Thanks for the outstanding send off. Your well wishes are much appreciated.
- I just wanted to say thank you for the amazing gift, I’ve already used it multiple times and I love it. You know me pretty well, don’t you?
- Thank you so much for the great amazing gifts. They were all a total surprise, but I really appreciate it. Retirement is something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time, I’m ready to move on to the next chapter of my life!
- No one makes me feel as important and supported like you do. Thank you for throwing me such one heck of a retirement party. I will miss working with each of you. Thank you so much for attending my party.
Keep Track Of Your Important Dates With Our FREE Tracker
Sample Wording for Retirement Thank You Cards
- I can’t believe you all went all out for my retirement party. Sending heartfelt thanks to all of you for my impressive retirement party. It has been such an honor working with you guys these past few years, here is my personal contact information so we can keep in touch!
- I just want to say thank you for the beautiful gift. It was really thoughtful of you to think of me. I’m excited to retire and spend more time with my family, but I will miss spending time with you on a daily basis.
- You clearly put a lot of time and effort into making sure that my retirement party was a fun party. Thank you so much for making it such a special occasion. I am going to miss all my friends and colleagues at__________________. Thank you for all the wonderful gifts, I am not worthy, but I will will enjoy them all anyway.
- Dear friends, thank you so much for the great retirement gift that you gifted me at the retirement party last night. I wanted to send these thank you notes to thank each and every one of you for the kindness you showed me.
- Dear friends, and I do consider you all friends, not colleagues after today! I am so grateful to have worked alongside you for so many years. Thank you so much for the retirement party and wonderful gifts. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you better at this company, my hope is that we get to spend a lot more time outside of work now.
Retirement Gift Appreciation Sayings
- I’ve truly enjoyed all the time spent working with you. I will always be fascinated by your keen attention to detail, outstanding work ethic, and pure kindness. Thank you for the wonderful gift. I can’t believe I am at retirement age, but now you guys get to continue your working life, and I get to chill! Thanks for the wonderful memories.
- You are one hella fun co-worker, and thanks for guiding me through the challenging times. Thank you for the great retirement gift, I will think of you every time I pour myself a brandy!
- I was overwhelmed by the retirement gift I received from my friends and colleagues. Your generosity completely surprised me. I am truly grateful to you for making this such a fantastic place to come to work, and for making my retirement party such a special occasion.!
Retirement Gift Thank you Note
- I’m glad I’m retiring, but nice people like you ALMOST makes it really sad. I feel so lucky to have spent time working with you, and now I am ready for my new chapter! Thank you so much for the wonderful retirement party , and the amazing gifts. Please stay in touch.
- My colleagues, I am deeply grateful for the thoughtful retirement gift you gave me. As I transition into this new chapter of my life, I will fondly remember all the great times we’ve had together at the office. Wishing you all the best for the future. Thank you for your appreciation, it means a lot.
- You’re not just a colleague, you’re a good friend… so we’ll certainly keep in touch! Thanks for the memorable retirement party, and the retirement gifts, I appreciate all of it.
- Deciding to work for you was the best choice I have ever made. I have the fondest memories of us presenting together and building business relationships! Thank you for the retirement gifts, I will miss working with you.
What Do You Write on a Retirement Gift Card?
- Thank you for putting a lot of thought into finding a wonderful retirement gift for me. Thank you for taking the time out to celebrate my very memorable occasion – my last day at work.
- On my retirement day, my friends and colleagues bombarded me with retirement gifts… but yours stood out. Thank you for the special gift and the appreciation card, it meant a lot.!
- Wow, thanks for the perfect retirement gift! I have never received such an beautiful set of wine glasses. I will keep them safe and use them often lol. Sending you back lots of love and God bless you dear friend!
- My dear co-worker, I would never replace our years working in this corporate world with anything else. I’m happy to have made a friend for life. Thank you for showering me with such a generous gift! I will enjoy the golf clubs enormously.
- Getting what I wanted for years at my retirement party is just a cherry on top of a cake, and it’s all thanks to you dear friend! Just now that your kindness and generosity meant a lot to me.
- The watch you gave me was the most beautiful watch I’ve ever laid my eyes on. However it got me thinking… time will pass, but this piece of art serves as a reminder of all the wonderful times we’ve spent together, both in the office and at the bar after work. The thought was highly appreciated, thank you!
Sample Thank You Sayings For Retirement Gift
- Thank you for the gorgeous retirement gift and glamorous retirement party! It was more than I could ever dream of.
- People say that a friend knows you better thank you now yourself, and you proved it right. Thank you for my lovely gift, I couldn’t have chosen it better myself!
- This is by far the best retirement party I have been to ever. Thanks for the wonderful party and all my gifts. You guys rock! I don’t feel that I am anywhere near retirement age, but IF I have to go, at least I got to enjoy the best retirement party
- My dear friend, thank you for giving me the most stunning bouquet of flowers as my retirement gift. My house smells of those fresh red roses, and I couldn’t ask for anything better.
- Thanks for the most gorgeous and irreplaceable retirement gift anyone could ever have. I wish you much success in all your future dealings!
- There’s nothing to describe your retirement gift other than being out of this world. I will always keep it as a treasured memento. Thanks for giving me the perfect end to a memorable career!
Personal Messages for Retirement
- My dear colleagues, I have never been more overwhelmed by your thoughtfulness and generosity. All your wonderful gifts were incredible. I would like to say thank you for them, as well as the love and support you have given me over the years. You truly made this a special occasion.
- My dear friends, you have made my retirement day so momentous. Know that I couldn’t have achieved all I did without all your love, support, and kindness. I hope nothing but the best for all of you and this company I’m happy to call my home. Btw, you guys threw me the best retirement party, and all my retirement gifts were out of this world!
- Who would’ve thought that anyone would give me a ________ on my retirement day? Playing ____ is my absolute hobby, not to mention on a ____! I can never thank you enough, now I can play whatever music anytime I want. When you come by, I’ll be happy to play you some melodies to soothe your soul.
- This is the best gift an old man/woman like me could ever get. It will definitely help me a lot. Once again, thank you so much and I wish you all the best to come! I will indeed miss my working life, but I am looking forward to this new phase of mine.
- It is unusual for people my age to receive such fancy gifts, and yours unquestionably put a huge smile on my face. My heart is overflowing with joy. I hope you’ll have a wonderful life ahead. Thank you for the special retirement gifts!
Heartfelt Retirement Thank You Notes
It’s always important that you send out thank you messages after you retire from a company. When people and coworkers take the time to shop for an amazing gift, or throw you an retirement party, it’s important to send individual thank you messages to show your appreciation!.
- I always thought about how I would spend my time after retirement, but after you gave me this chessboard, I know now how to fill my days. Whenever I see it, I will think of you, one of the best men I have ever met. Thank you for the gift, our friendship and all the unforgettable moments. I wish you nothing but the greatest things in life!
- Your gift of ___________ is the best and esteemed gift that I got on my retirement day. Now I can play _______with my family and spend some valuable time with them. Thank you so, very much. I’ll talk to you very soon.
- What a great privilege it is to have been your colleague! A wonderful person like you is hard to come by. Thank you for the fabulous gift and the insane retirement party, I feel beyond honored and loved.
- You have truly made my retirement day one of the best days of my life. Thank you for giving me this extremely sweet photo album filled with pictures of us. I am so grateful, it has been an absolute pleasure working with you. Your guidance was such a help, I will miss your company on a daily basis, I really have enjoyed working with you.
Thanks You For The Retirement Gift Notes
It’s incredibly important to send out thank you notes after someone has taken the time to buy you a retirement gift. You are basically thanking them for their kindness and generosity. So take the time to sit down and write out some thank you notes using any of our thank you messages you resonate with.
- How on earth did you know that a __________ was exactly what I needed? Not only that, it’s beautiful to the eyes! My doors will always be open for you if you and your family want to hang out together, insert job title_______.
- Thanks for the elegant retirement gift, your kindness is just second to none. I wish you a great year ahead. Don’t forget me!
- All your gifts were so enchanting, but it is your love and support that really made my retirement day so special. I will never forget it. I wish you all the joy this world has to offer! Thanks for the retirement party.
- Your one of a kind gift is incredible! But, when there are good friends like you, one hardly needs any material gifts. You are easily the best gift God has put in my life.
- Thank you for showing me what true kindness and generosity looks like. May God bless you with good health, lots of success, and a gleeful heart! I will miss your company!