Thank You Note for a Gift Card
I don’t know about you, but I absolutely love receiving a gift card. This allows me to go shopping on someone else’s dime, and it’s a lot of fun. It’s always a pleasant surprise to receive a gift card, whether it’s from your best friend, family member, or coworker, it’s important that you send a thank you note for the gift card. Writing a thank you note for a gift card is expected. Here are some tips on how to write the perfect thank you note for the gift card you just received.
The thank you note needs to convey your appreciation and make the sender feel special, all while keeping things simple and to the point. Writing a sweet yet sincere thank you note doesn’t have to be overly complicated! Here are the best thank you notes to send someone when you’ve been gifted a gift card.
How Do You Write a Nice Thank You Note?
Be sure to express your gratitude right off the bat, this lets the recipient know that their thoughtful gift was noticed and appreciated. Use words like “thank you” or express gratitude with words like “appreciate” throughout your thank you note so that they know how grateful you are for the generous gift. Be specific and mention which gift card you received if there is more than one option available. For example, if someone gave you a Starbucks gift card, make sure to mention it in your handwritten note!
- Thank you so much for the birthday gift, the birthday money was much appreciated, I will be forever grateful to you.
- Thanks a million for the thoughtful gifts, I can’t believe you did all this with your busy schedule. Thanks, you are a great friend indeed.
- Thanks again, and I can’t wait to use my gift card, it’s going to be so much fun.
- I did not expect such a kind gesture when I was pet sitting your beautiful dog. Thanks for the gift card, I do have a specific gift for myself in mind.
- You are a wonderful person to think of me like this. I appreciate you coming to my baby shower, and thank you for your special gift.
- What a thoughtful graduation gift, I wanted to send you a thank you note for thinking of me. I appreciate the gift card so much, sincere gratitude ___________/
- Thank you for the generous gift that you gave me at my baby shower. As you know a baby is super expensive, so there are a few items I still need for the baby, your money is much appreciated. The baby thanks you too.
- Hey friends, thank you for coming to my baby shower, I was deeply touched by your thoughtful card and the gift card you gave us. I will be eternally grateful to all of you, I am so glad you’re in my life.
- Thank you for the amazing baby shower gift, I honestly can’t believe you got this for us. We are very appreciative of your thoughtful gifts, we will need them for sure when the baby comes.
- Thank you so much for the epic gifts on this special day. I don’t tell you enough about what this friendship means to me. I am so so lucky to have such good friends as all of you. I love you all. Thank you so much.
- I wanted to get this thank you note for your gift card sent in a timely manner. Things have gotten a little crazy with the new baby as you can imagine! Your gift card was much appreciated, we still have a few things to get for the new baby.
Thank You for Gift Card
It’s always important to send meaningful thank you messages after receiving a group gift, or money you received, or a gift or gifts. This thank you note should include your sincere thanks, or appreciation words. If you don’t want to write a thank you card, you could send a text message. What’s important is that you send a response to say thank you to whoever gave you the gift. You can use any of our thank you messages below.
- I am looking forward to using your restaurant gift card this weekend with my husband for father’s day. Sincere thanks for thinking of me. and sending the gift card.
- As you know I have been going through a difficult time, and your gifts for my birthday were out of this world. I can’t tell you how much it means to receive your thoughtful gift card.
- Thank you so much for your gift card, it was totally unexpected but much appreciated.
- Your birthday gifts were so beautiful, I am staring at the foot massager that I purchased using your gift card. I use it on every occasion I can. I hope you know how much I appreciate the fact that you did this! Thank you for thinking of me friend.
- We are beyond blessed by your amazing gift, thank you so much, we will put this gift card to good use.
- All my life, you always seem to know what to buy me. This gift blew my mind because it’s so perfect. Thank you again!
- Our family is so grateful that you thought to send us a gift card for our upcoming special occasion. Thank you so much for thinking of us, we’re sorry to miss you at our upcoming baby showers.
- You always know just what I need and this is perfect. Thank you for celebrating my special day with me, it was so nice having you there.
How to Thank Someone for a Generous Gift
When somebody does something as wonderful as buying you a gift card as a birthday gift, it’s nice to send a thoughtful note telling them how much you appreciate their generous gift or money gift. Tell them what you plan on spending the received money on. Thank you messages are a great way to let someone know you received the gift card and love it.
- Thank you so much for the gift, I used it to buy (insert gift). You know how much I love my Starbucks coffee lol. In all seriousness, you made me feel special that you thought of me. I just wanted to write this thank you note to let you know that your gift meant a lot.
- Thank you so much, I am grateful for you guys in my life. I’ll think of you every time I use (insert gift), and I’ll be sure to put it to good use.
- I have been missing my close friends so much since starting college so far away. Thank you so much for writing to me and sending me money for my birthday gift. I miss you all so much. Thanks for reminding me that I still have all of you back home. See you next month.
- I hope you enjoyed my baby shower as much as I did, it was so much fun. Thank you so much for the gift card, I used it to buy (insert gift), and now it’s sitting in my living room and I absolutely love it. You guys ROCK!
Thank You for Your Generous Gift
You get such a wonderful feeling when a close friend or family member goes out of their way to buy you a thoughtful gift or gift card so you can choose your own specific gift. A thank you note, or a thank you card is the perfect way to say thank you to the person who sent you the gift.
- My dearest friends, thank you so much for coming to my wedding, it was so much fun having you all there. Thank you for the thoughtful money gift, it will go toward a down payment for a new house.
- Thank you mom and dad for your incredibly generous graduation gift. I love you both so much, I don’t know what I would do without you both.
- You know how much I love shopping at ______, so thank you so much for the gift card. I am going there on my next day off, and I am going to go crazy with my birthday money. Thanks, mom and dad.
- This thank you note is my way of thanking you for my group gift. Thank you all for getting together to do this, I absolutely love it.
- Thank you so much, and I can’t wait to go shopping! I am so lucky to have you in my life.
- I would like to express my sincere thanks for the gift card you sent me. The money will come in handy for this upcoming weekend.
- My family is the best in the world. Thank you for coming to my special event and providing gift cards for the ________ family. These gift cards will help this family out enormously. I appreciated your help with this special event.
- Please accept this thank you card as a token of all that you did for me at my wedding. I cant wait to see you when we get back from our honeymoon. I love you all dear friends.
- You know my weakness grandma, thank you so much for my ________gift card. I used it today to get my favorite ______. Thank you so much for thinking of me.
What to Say in a Thank You Card for a Gift Card?
- I appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity, you truly are a wonderful person. and a great friend. You are indeed a special person.
- You are always so good to me. Thank you for your thoughtful gifts. I already have plans for the gift card. I appreciate you friend.
- To my great friend, thank you for your wonderful (insert gift) here, I know the baby will love it, as do I! Thank you for coming to my baby shower, I know what a busy schedule you have and so I really appreciate you taking time off to be with me.
- Thank you for coming to my event last night. The gift cards you donated are going to help a lot of people out. One gift card recipient said she was going to be able to buy her child new shoes for the first time. Thank you for making a difference!
- I just bought some beautiful hiking boots with your gift card. Thank you for the gift card, it made my day!
Thank You Gift Card Message
If you received money or a gift card from someone, take the time to send someone a thank you card. Use words like “thank you”, “kind gesture”, “right words”, “grateful”, and “deeply touched”. Whether it’s a gift you received for your birthday, baby shower, father’s day, or graduation gift, you should always send thank you notes in exchange for receiving your gift card or a generous gift.
- Thank you for your thoughtful gift. I can’t wait to use it to buy some new clothes, shoes, or maybe even a new purse or wallet.
- We used your restaurant gift card the other night and the food was fantastic. Thank you so much for recommending the place to us. Thank you again, that was super thoughtful of you.
- Please accept this thank you card to the greatest MOM in the world. You always know what to get me, the gift card is perfect and will help me to get a few nice things for my new apartment.
- Your gift was such a surprise, thank you for taking the time to choose a gift card to my all-time favorite place. You know what I’m going to get there right? Thank you so much, friend.
- Close friends are all you need, but a gift card to my favorite boutique is very welcome. That was super sweet of you dear friends, I love you all.
Thank You for the Gift Card
Showing gratitude is important in any situation – but especially when someone has done something thoughtful like gifting you a gift card! Writing out a thank you note is one of many ways to express how thankful you are for such an unexpected but welcome gift. Just write some words from your heart.
- I wanted to write this thank you note for the extremely thoughtful gift card. I plan to go shopping this weekend and have some fun with it. Your money will probably go towards a new handbag, you know how I love my bags.
- I am beyond thankful to have you in my life. I am writing to thank you for the insanely generous gift card you sent me. I promise I am doing well in college, and yes I am eating properly, but thank you for the money anyway 🙂
- Thank you for believing in me!
- Thank you for my beautiful wedding gift, as you know we are moving into a new house so the gift card is perfect timing.
- My close friends are like family to me, they know I am addicted to _______, so they all sent me a gift card for my birthday for _______, and now I can enjoy my favorite ________ all day long. I love you guys.
- I don’t know where I would be without your support and belief in me.
- Thank you for thinking of me today, you really are a great friend and I am so thankful to have you in my life.
Thank You Card for Money
Sending thank you messages doesn’t happen as much as it should these days. When someone you know buys you a gift card or sends you money as a gift, please remember to send a meaningful thank you card. It lets the gift sender know the gift arrived and that you enjoyed the gift.
Here’s our best tips for writing thank you messages to someone in return for a thank you note they sent to you.
- We are heading out right now to enjoy our bowling date night, thank you for the gift card that made this possible. Neither of us has bowled in quite some time, so today should be fun! We appreciate you.
- I hope my thank you note got there in time, I had a really enjoyable day shopping at the mall with my friends. Thank you for sending the gift card to make that happen. I love you Aunt ______ and Uncle______.
- I was shocked when I opened your gift card. Your gift was too much, but I wanted you to know that I appreciate it so much. We are going to use it to decorate the nursery before the baby gets here. We are truly blessed to have you as part of our lives.