100 Nice Things to Say to Your Dad
Dads are so important in our lives. From our fathers we learn so much about ourselves and dealing with the world around us. When we think about all of the wonderful things dads do for us when we are growing up, from throwing a ball to dancing while we stand on his feet, he sometimes seems superhuman.
Many times though we also learn about not showing our emotions. Dads are the tough ones, more resolved and less emotional than our moms. Sometimes the relationships can be strained because we do not always say what is on our minds or spend time together while we can.
When it comes time to send Dad a card, or let him know how we feel, finding the right words can be difficult. So we are here to help with our list of 100 nice things to say to your dad.
If you have some things unresolved with your dad, or just want the opportunity to let him know how much he means to you on Fathers Day, check out our list to help get you started.
Compliments for Dad
Your dad is the one person who has always been there for you, whether you needed a shoulder to cry on or someone to help you celebrate your successes. He’s always been your biggest supporter, and he’s always believed in you. So it’s time to let him know how much you appreciate what a great dad he is.
Tell him what a wonderful father he is, and how much you love spending time with him. Let him know that some of your favorite memories are with him.
Thank him for being such an amazing man, and how he has been such a positive influence on you. If you’re not sure what to say, you can use some of our favorite compliments for dad.
- During the most wavering times, I’m always thankful to have your words of wisdom, as a beacon, that guides me out of the darkness in life. The strength of your shoulders have supported me when I was most weary, your courageous heart taught me love and discipline, so that I was prepared to step out into the world. Thank you for being such a wonderful dad.
- Dad, you are one of the most wonderful people I know. You have always been there for me , even when times were tough. You are a great listener, and you always have good advice for me. You’re an incredible father to your baby girl.
- Dad, I love you a million different ways. You are an awesome dad, always ready to pull me into your arms when you know that’s what you need. You are the best person I know, and I am feeling blessed to be your daughter.
- You are a man’s man, the icon of masculinity. Any man would aspire to be you because of your skill to always to be productive, whether it’s fixing our home so we are always sheltered and comfortable, to the hours you put in at work so we may have food in our bellies and clothes on our backs. You are the strongest guy I know.
Sweet Things to Say to Your Dad
- Dad, as my best friend, you’ve always been in the crowd cheering me on through life. I credit everything I know to you, my mentor, through life advice and matters of the heart, you’ve always been the one to pull through. My appreciation for you will never cease and knows no bounds. Always your little girl.
- Thank you for being the most loving dad a girl could have. I love our quality time together, thank you dad for always being there for me.
- You showed me how to conquer and overcome every obstacle in life. Motivation, perseverance and resilience are the keys you handed me to become a man in this life. You are the first person I call in the morning, thank you dad for being you.
- I am grateful to have such an inspiring, influential man in my life. The heart of my motivation stems from you, and I am always in awe of your accomplishments. I hope that I am half the man you are to my future kids. Have a sweet father’s day.
Nice Things to Say about Your Dad
There are so many amazing things to say to your dad. He’s been there for you through thick and thin, always cheering you on, and being an all round great dad. He’s a great role model, and even better friend.
So take an opportunity to let him know just how much he means to you. Let him know that he’s the best dad in the world, and that you’re lucky to have such a great father figure in your life.
- Dad, you taught me how to get back on my bike after I fell. I remember when I was a young child, all the good stuff we did together, I remember all your bad dad jokes, but most of all I remember the quality time we spent together. You are the best gift in my life.
- When I was six years old you taught me how to drive. I controlled the steering the wheel and you operated the pedals because my little legs couldn’t reach, no matter how far I stretched. You showed me that there wasn’t an age limit to experience life. Responsibility and moderation would go far in life so the fun can be that much more enjoyable. You’re the best man in the world, Dad
- I hope you’re having a sweet father’s day dad. I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all the things you’ve done for me. You’re always there for me through the good stuff and the bad stuff. I know it can be tough being a dad sometimes, but you make it look easy. I’m so glad to have such a close relationship with you. Thank you dad.
Other Articles You Might Enjoy
- Birthday Wishes For Your Brother
- Simple Ways To Say Thank You For Dinner
- 140 Good Night Love Messages That Will Make Her Melt
- 70+ Happy Independence Day Quotes That Will Make Them Cheer
- Happy 2nd Birthday Wishes To My Sweet Boy
- 350 Sister Birthday Wishes That Will Make Her Day
- The Best Birthday Wishes for an Awesome Boss
Dad Appreciation Quotes
Fathers play a big role in our lives and sometimes we forget to let them know how much we appreciate them, so instead of waiting for father’s day, why not let your dad know what an amazing dad he is today!
Here are some kind things you can say to your one and only dad to let him know how wonderful he is.
- You’re a wonderful father, and I have so much respect for you. Now that I am a new dad, I can totally relate to you. Thank you for being such a good friend to me through the years.
- I’m so grateful to have you as my father. Happy father’s day.
- Thank you for your guidance and wisdom.
- Thank you for telling the best stories
- Thank you for bailing me out when my school teachers didn’t exactly agree with my practical joke!
FREE Birthday Tracker Printable
-Don’t forget another birthday with our handy tracker.
-Give yourself time to get a card or gift before the big day.
-Easy to print PDF download.
Praising Words for Father
- Dad, you taught us matters of the heart first and foremost. Gratitude and hospitality are the key elements to a rewarding life. You’ve shown us so much love and care it extends out into the community. No matter how far we get in life it’s important to stay humble so that when we get where we’re going, I make sure to stop and help the next one in line.
- Thank you for teaching me how to ride a bike, and how to fish. I am eternally grateful for all the good things you did for me growing up. I love you dad.
- No matter how much time passes by, I still miss you every day. You truly were an awesome father in law and I wish we had more time.
- Dear dad, you will always have a special place in my heart. You always gave me more attention than my brother, and I loved you for that. Thank you for helping me to feel special and loved in so many ways. Happy father’s day dad.
- I know I can count on my dad, and that is why he’s the best dad in the whole world, and I’m so lucky to have him in my life.
- I have a guardian angel and his name is Dad!
- Sorry for all the gray hairs, but thanks for all the fun times. You are the best gift I could ever get, thank you dad.
Nice Things to Say to your Dad on Father's Day
- Dad, you are wise beyond your years and even further, a generation of people could learn from your ways. Your kindness reaches the goodness in anyone who takes a minute with you. Every step you take creates a ripple effect, and everyone around you can feel the love radiating off of you. I love you so much, Dad. You are an inspiration.
- As a father, your love is unconditional, it comes with fatherhood of course, but everyday you choose to show up. I am the luckiest person alive to have you for a Dad. I strive to learn as much as I can from you so that I may pass it down to my children as well.
- I was such an expressive child and it never seemed to change. I never quite realized just how supportive you were until I became an adult. Dad, you encouraged me to get my hands dirty, write horrible stories that didn’t make sense, and just do all the fun kids stuff. Thanks for all the good memories.
- Dad, we always groaned at your jokes whenever we went to restaurants. You had the courage and the wit to pull those cards out of your sleeve. Your outgoing personality made it so you never met a stranger anywhere. You are loved beyond belief and you always will be.
How Do You Thank Your Dad For Everything?
While it’s sometimes easy to take our dads for granted, they truly are some of the most wonderful people in our lives. They are always there for us, whether we need a shoulder to cry on or someone to help us with a difficult project.
They have an endless supply of patience and wisdom, and they always know just what to say to make us feel better. Simply put, they are great dads.
So this father’s day (or any day), take a moment to let your amazing dad know just how wonderful he is. You know he’ll appreciate the thought!
- Hey dad, I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks. Thanks for always being there for me, for teaching me what it means to be a good person, and for being the best role model I could ask for. You’re my hero, and I have so much respect for you.
- Happy father’s day! I wanted to send you a fathers day card telling you what a good dad you are. Thanks for being such an amazing listener, thanks for the unconditional love, and the best advice only a dad can give.
- Thank you for always being there for me. Life can be tough and I’m glad I can count on you. You are truly a wonderful person and I am forever grateful to have you as my dad.
- You’re always working hard taking care of us. We appreciate you more than you know.
Emotional Message For Father
There are many things that you can say to your dad in a father’s day card to let him know how much you appreciate him. Let him know what a vital role he plays in your life now and when you were younger.
Whether it’s helping you with homework, or being there during a tough time, you know he always put in the extra effort to be around for you. These heartwarming things are what he wants to hear about today!
- I sat cross legged everyday, anxiously waiting for you to come through the door. The scent of dad and a light smell of cologne would cross my nose, and the memory alone brings me back home. Sending you all the love in the world today, I love you so much.
- The bond between a father and daughter is special. Thank you for the best stores at bedtime, thank you for always having time for me, and thank you for the awesome memories. I love you daddy. You will always be my daddy and I am forever your daughter.
- You’ve always believed in my dreams. If I told you I wanted to fly, you stood outside waiting to see what I had in mind. You never stomped on my ideas, instead you nurtured them. You are and always will be the best dad.
- Daddy, not all superheroes wear capes. Some wear a hard hat or even a suit and tie, but you’re extra special because you have been there at every turn, almost waiting to pick up the pieces, and yet allowing me to find a way to fix myself. You showed me true strength and dependability. Because of you I’ve made it to the top of every ladder in this life. I love you.
What Can I Say About My Father?
- Dad, I remember one specific morning, mom wasn’t home. I came bounding down the steps at about 7 a.m. and you asked me what I wanted for breakfast. What does any kid want for breakfast? ICE CREAM! You gave me a wide eyed guilty look, slowly glanced around as if you were waiting for mom to pounce on you when the final verdict was decided, “Don’t tell your mother.” Thanks for showing me that sometimes, in given circumstances, it’s okay to bend the rules. I love you Dad.
- Remember when we flew to the moon? We had a picnic among the stars in the deep velvet night sky. For our next adventure, I was a scientist trying to find a cure for illness, when you made a small prick in your finger so I could experiment with my new microscope. No matter what adventure I wanted to go, or what I wanted to be, you were always there to support me. Thanks Dad.
- One of the best things about having a dad is always having someone to look up to. My father is the strongest, most hardworking person I know. He’s taught me so much, and I’m grateful for everything he’s done for me. He truly is the best father a son could ask for, happy father’s day dad.
- My dad is the best. He is always there for me when I need him and he’s always willing to help out. He’s a great listener and always has time for me. He is the champion of cooking grilled meat, and I’m hoping someday he will pass on his ribs recipe, right dad?? Above all, you are the best father a son could ask for.
- No-one has a better father than I do. I love that you stay until I fall asleep, and that I always feel loved when I am around you.
How Can I Express My Love To My Dad?
There are things you should always say to your dad to let him know that you appreciate everything he does for you. He works hard, but still finds tons of ways to hang out with you. Today send him some appreciative father’s day messages to let him know he is loved.
- Growing up I didn’t see the appearance of our clothes, but I knew we were warm. I didn’t pay attention to how well our cupboards were stocked, but I knew breakfast was at 7 a.m. hot, ready to eat and dinner was at 6 p.m. the table was always ready. Thank you dad.
- Father, I wanted to take a moment today to say a few sweet things about you. Thank you for watching movies with me when I know you should have been working, thanks for always putting me to bed at nighttime. Thank you for being the best dad.
- You taught me that family means everything, and when someone needs our help, we are there for them, no questions asked. I hope to continue your legacy dad, I love you.
- You have been a role model for me throughout my whole life. I am grateful for all the ways you have supported me. Thank you for always being there father, I love you so much.
- Dear dad, no matter how busy you are, you always take the time to listen to our problems and help us find solutions. You have always been there for us, and we know we can count on you always, that’s what family is all about.
- There are many things I admire about my dad. He is an excellent listener, and he always has time for a conversation, no matter how busy he is. He makes me feel good about myself, making him a wonderful dad.
- Dad, I see how hard you work to provide for our family, I am so glad that we have such a close relationship. thank you for making that happen.
- There are so many things to admire about my dad. He is an amazing father, husband, and friend. He is always there for us, no matter what. He listens with his heart, and says such heartfelt things to make us feel loved. I appreciate that you make time for us every night before bed.
- There aren’t enough words to tell you just what you mean to me. Thank you for all the hard work that you put in to make sure we have enough food on the table. I truly have the best father anyone could ask for.
Compliments for Dad
- Hey dad, thanks for always being there for me, and for always having time to spend with me. I love you dad.
- Thanks for believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself.
- Thanks for picking me up when I fell down, and thanks for always supporting me no matter what.
- Thank you for always making me feel loved. I know I can be hard work sometimes, but I truly love and appreciate you.
- Happy father’s day to the man of my dreams. Thank you for making me feel safe and protected. That’s a nice feeling to have in this world.
- Dad, you’re always there for me when I need you. Whether it’s lending an ear or fixing a broken toy, you’re always happy to help. Thank you for everything you do.
- I know I can be a pain sometimes, but you never stop loving me. Thanks for all the times you’ve dropped everything to come take care of me.
Things to Say to Your Dad
- Thank you for being an amazing role model.
- I admire the kind of man you are.
- You’ve always been there for me when I needed you, thank you dad.
- I love you, Dad
- My hope is that I meet a man like you when I grow up, someone who takes the time to make me feel loved, and to feel safe. You always help me feel special, and that means the world to me. Love you dad.
- Dad, you are my world, I know there is nothing in the world you could not do for me, I love you dad.
- I hope I can be half the father you are. Thank you for showing me the way, thanks for always knowing how to always make me feel better, love you dad.
- Wishing you the best father’s day today. Thank you for doing everything and anything for our family, it does not go unnoticed!
Good Things to Say About a Father
- Hey dad, I just wanted to say thanks for always being there for me. I appreciate so much that you’re always willing to help out and offer advice whenever I need it. You’re definitely the best dad a guy could ask for. I hope I can do the same when it comes time for me to raise some kids, happy father’s day.
- My dad is the best. He’s always been there for me, specially when I make mistakes. He’s always been my biggest supporter, and I know he will continue to always be there for me. He truly is the best man I know.
- Thank you for everything dad, you make me feel special every day, and sometimes I forget to tell you how special you are. Today, I hope you enjoy this father’s day card, and I hope you know that I think about you every day.
- Thank you dad for our good looks, without them I wouldn’t be where I am today lol. Seriously dad, your love means the world to me, and I hope you know how much I love you back.
- Thank you for loving me unconditionally, your support means the world to me. Thank you for teaching me everything I need to know before I go out in the world. Enjoy this father’s day, lunch is on me.
Things to Tell Your Dad
There are so many reasons to give our dads compliments. They work hard to provide for us, they’re always there for us when we need them. They also put up with a lot from us! But seriously, dads are the unsung heroes of the family.
They deserve our compliments more than anyone and father’s day, or any day is a good day to tell them how you feel about them! Take a moment to come up with some of the nicest things you can say about your dad!
- Growing up, I was always aware of how fortunate I was to have such a great dad. He taught me the importance of hard work and being kind to others. And he was always quick to give me a compliment when I did something right. I love you dad.
- Thank you for being there for me when I was younger and having a hard time in school. Thank you for being my friend now that I am a grown adult.
- The best things about you are your unwavering support for me, all the ways that you make time for me, and the special relationship that we have created. I love you daddy. Thanks for always making sure I feel happy.
- Hey dad, I wanted to say thank you for everything you do for me now and always. I appreciate you and I miss you. I can’t wait to see you in a few days for father’s day.
Things To Thank Your Dad For
It’s nice for dad to hear that he’s appreciated from time to time. So why not take a moment and send him some heartfelt messages to let him know how loved and appreciated he is.
If you’re not sure what to write, you can find tons of the nicest things to say to your father right here.
- Having you as my father has been a true adventure. Each year I was a little older you gave me a little bit more of yourself. You shared with me experiences that you left behind in your past long ago. The fact that I could be your confidante, made me cherish each story so I could remember it and pass it down to my future children, along with stories of my own.
- Dad, you let me spread my wings at any age in life. You were either there to hold my hand, or be the one to give me a nudge. I used to believe parents only protected their children, now I see that they, instead, prepare them for what they had gone through and even more. Thank you for always allowing me to explore my independence.
- My father is quick with a joke, but he also knows when to be serious. He’s been my biggest supporter since day one, and I know I can always count on him for a kind word. Thanks for always being in the right place at the moment I need you the most.
- On this father’s day, I want to say thanks for everything, you’ve always believed in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself. I love you so much. You always make things better.
- My dad is the best. He’s always there for me when I need him and he’s always quick with a joke to make me laugh. He’s an amazing cook and he makes the best chili ever.
- My father is an all-round great guy, and I’m so lucky to have him as my dad!
Funny Compliments for Dad
- We love that you want to make dinner for us, but please stop before you burn the house down!
- Thanks for being the world’s greatest dad, even though your jokes are terrible!
- I’m so glad you’re my dad, but please stop forgetting to pick me up from practice!
- If you love me as much as you say you do, please stop singing around the house, my ears can’t take much more!