Because of their enormous sacrifice for our country, America’s veterans deserve respect, glory and honor from every citizen that enjoys freedom, liberty, and justice.
Whether it’s Veterans Day, National Day of Deployment, or just an average day in your life, keep reading to learn how to say thank you for your service to our country.
Sayings and quotes, whether they’re written in a card, letter, or text message, can help you to express that you’re thankful to the men and women of the armed forces.
What To Say Instead Of Thank You For Your Service To A Soldier
- As one of America’s veterans, you have my gratitude.
- Not only are you a hero to me, but also to all of the men and women of our country.
- I can live free only so long as there are people like you, who served our country.
- Thank you for serving your family, home land, and fellow men.
- With your help, America will remain the land of the free!
FREE Birthday Tracker Printable
-Don’t forget another birthday with our handy tracker.
-Give yourself time to get a card or gift before the big day.
-Easy to print PDF download.
- To thank you for your service is a pleasure to me as a citizen of our nation!
- For keeping the home of the brave safe and secure, you have my eternal gratitude.
- Thanking you for your sacrifice for our country is the least I can do!
- Your gallantry, dedication, and unbreakable spirit served our country- it is my honor to serve you my thanks!
- My appreciation is the least I can give in return for your service in the armed forces.
Thank You Messages For Soldiers Over Seas
- I could hardly utter words to express how thankful I am for your service for the military. Thank you for keeping Americans safe!
- Freedom isn’t free, and it’s the men and women in uniform that pay the price for us all. Thank you today and every day that we enjoy liberty and justice for all.
- As one of America’s veterans, you are the pride and joy of your community. You show us that the way to prove ourselves is not with words but to live our lives as an example. You have done that.
- You served our country, protected its citizens, and put all others before yourself. Consequently, I’ll be forever grateful to you.
- Although you don’t care about honor and glory, but you deserve it for your time spent overseas. Thank you for your service to our country.
- When I think of the men and women in the armed forces, I think of heroes that don’t wear capes. I am proud of the duty done and the love expressed for us and our country.
- You made a huge sacrifice for our country by dedicating your life and career to the military; therefore, the least I can do is say, “Thanks!”
- Keeping your fellow men and women of America safe is your job, and finding a way to express our gratitude is everyone else’s job!
- Risking your life for not only your friends and family, but also everyone from the home of the brave, makes you a hero worthy of history’s iron pen.
- Enjoying the right to freedom, liberty, and justice reminds me that our soldiers are to thank for our land of the free. Thank you for donning a uniform and helping keep our homeland intact!
How To Say Thanks For Your Service On Social Media
- Selflessness, valor, and determination are your driving factors; because of that, you’re the perfect soldier! Thank you for your sacrifice for our country.
- All kinds of citizens become members of the armed forces, so it’s hard to tell by looking if someone is one of America’s veterans. Therefore, I want to put it out there that I’m grateful to every one of the men and women who’ve served our country.
- To all of my friends and family that are members of the military, thank you for your gallant service to your country, and happy Veteran’s Day!
- On Veteran’s Day, I’d like to thank all members of our military, in all branches, past and present, living and laid to rest. Without you all, our beautiful nation wouldn’t be what it is today.
- On this day, we honor all current and former members of the armed forces. Our country’s greatness is built on the foundation of your courage, commitment, and sacrifice. Thank you!
- Having a friend who served our country with bravery, glory and honor makes me proud every day. Thank you for your service and friendship!
- Because you’re probably seeing lots thank you messages for soldiers and military appreciation quotes, I wanted to give you a more personal message: good job, dude.
- Your service to our country isn’t just important- it’s vital! Thank you for laying your life on the line to save many others.
- Our country is free only so long as dedicated citizens like you join the armed forces to protect and serve those who can’t; in other words, our way of life is thanks to you!
Thank You For Your Service Quotes For Veterans
- “…I’m proud to be an American, where at least I know I’m free. And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.”- Lee Greenwood
- “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours.”- Wallace Bruce
- “The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree.”- Thomas Campbell
- “Those that die for a good cause hover as a cloud of witness over the nation.”- Henry Ward Beecher
- “Here men endured that a nation might live.”- Herbert Hoover
- “America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.”- Claudia Pemberton
- “There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.”- Nick Lampson
- “I have long believed that sacrifice is the pinnacle of patriotism.”- Bob Riley
- “We don’t know them all, but we owe them all.”- Unknown
- “The brave die never, though they sleep in dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men.”- Minot J. Savage
Military Appreciation Quotes
- “The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.”
-Gen. George S. Patton Jr.
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.”
- “Let no vandalism of avarice or neglect, no ravages of time, testify to the present or to the coming generations, that we have forgotten, as a people, the cost of a free and undivided Republic.”
-John A. Logan
- “He loves his country best who strives to make it best.”
-Robert G. Ingersoll
- “May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our own country!”
-Sen. Daniel Webster
- “Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.”
- “On the battlefield, the military pledges to leave no soldier behind. As a nation, let it be our pledge that when they return home, we leave no veteran behind.”
- “Who kept the faith and fought the fight; the glory theirs, the duty ours.”
- “Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all! By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall.”
- “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.”
How To Say ‘Thanks For Your Service' To A Veteran Who's A Stranger Or Acquaintance
- Because of those that have served our country, we have the right to vote, worship, and express ourselves freely. Thank you for everything you do, so I can do everything I want!
- To dedicate your life to the armed forces is a huge sacrifice for our country; therefore, I’d like to thank every member of the military, past and present.
- As one of America’s veterans, you have my respect and appreciation every day.
- To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for your service to our country!
- Your sacrifice for our country as a member of the military makes you an incredible individual; that is to say, you’re a real hero!
- Appreciating men and women in our military doesn’t mean that you have to know them personally, because they fight for strangers every day.
- Freedom, liberty, and justice are available to every citizen because of your sacrifice for our country- thank you for being one of the brave few!
- Because of your selfless willingness to lay your life on the line, our nation is secure and free.
- May you feel the gratitude expressed by the civilian lives protected by you and the other members of our armed forces!
- There’s a beautiful, simple thing called “freedom,” which we wouldn’t have without America’s veterans. Thank you for your service to our country.
How To Say ‘Thanks For Your Service' In A Card Or Text
- Keeping us all safe at home by fighting overseas has earned you my eternal thanks!
- Know that your sacrifice for our country doesn’t go unnoticed. God bless America’s veterans and active duty members of the armed forces.
- Without anyone to fight for our country, we wouldn’t be the land of the free. Thanks to you and others like you, we’re grateful to be citizens in the home of the brave.
- While taking care of the nation, don’t forget to look out for yourself, too! Thank you for risking it all as a soldier.
- Your safe return home is the headline of my prayers! Thank you for putting yourself in danger to keep our country safe.
- Medals, honor, and glory aren’t why you enlisted in the armed forces. However, you deserve it all and more!
- Without your help, our nation wouldn’t be the land of the free. Thank you for your service to our country.
- Soldiers are heroes whose superpowers are bravery, determination, and true grit.
- Nothing is more important to you than protecting our country. Similarly, it’s imperative to me that you know I’m thankful for your service!
How To Say ‘Thank You For Your Service' To A Veteran?
- On behalf of myself and the entire nation, I’d like to thank you for your service to our country.
- Retirement for most people means your duty is done. However, a soldier never stops being a hero.
- I can hardly utter words to truly express my gratitude for one of America’s veterans.
- Respect, gratitude, and admiration will follow you forever as a retired member of our armed forces- starting with this card!
- Even in death, those who fight to protect the freedom of our nation’s citizens deserve the highest praise, honor and glory.
- We worried for you every time you were deployed, and we were elated every time you came home. Now that you’re retired, we’re proud every day!
- America’s veterans, as well as their families, have my eternal thanks for being the heart of the home of the brave.
- With heartfelt gratitude, thank you for your sacrifice for our country.
- By showing tremendous valor, passion, and strength as a soldier, you’ve inspired your fellow men to be all they can be. Thank you for your service to our country.
- From one veteran to another, thank you for going above and beyond to protect the men and women of the United States of America.
How To Write A Thank You Letter To A Soldier
- Dear Retired Veteran,
Rather than luck, it’s the hard work, valor, and determination of soldiers like you that have granted us the wealth of freedoms that every law-abiding citizen is entitled to. Because of America’s veterans, our forefathers’ vision to secure liberty and justice for all is our reality. Your sacrifice for our country is a gift to every family member, acquaintance, and stranger here at home; therefore, you and your family remain always in my prayers.
With love and gratitude,
- Treasured Member of the Military,
Through your valiance, heroism, and passion, you inspire those that work alongside you to be the best soldiers that they can be. Likewise, you instill a sense of pride for the home of the brave in all of those that understand the gravity of your sacrifice for our country. Therefore, the least I can do is thank you for your service!
- Dear Soldier,All time on Earth is a gift from God, and it’s thanks to the brace few that share in your choice to serve the military that my life is imbued with freedom, liberty and justice. You selflessly throw yourself into your work with no thought of repayment, outside of knowing that your family, nation, and civil rights are protected.
It’s no secret that the training you endured as a member of the armed forces wasn’t easy; however, you never once complained, or protested. In fact, you were grateful for the opportunity to serve your fellow Americans. As a result, I will always be indebted to you: thank you for your gallant service to your country. God bless,
- In the event that you find yourself despairing against great odds while defending our country, remember the valor, determination, and passion that those soldiers before you poured into our military’s foundation.
Without them, there would be no land of the free for you to protect; at the same time, there will be no home of the brave for the future without your efforts. From a retired veteran to all of the active duty members of America’s armed forces, thank you!
- When counting my blessings, the first thing that comes to mind is the beautiful, diverse, and free nation that we call home; thus, the men and women in uniform that lay their lives on the line to protect all of our lifestyles are foremost in my prayers.
Military appreciation quotes aren’t enough to express how imperative it is to have selfless, talented, and heroic individuals such as yourself to represent our country as soldiers. Thank you for your gallant service to our country.
- The phrase, “freedom isn’t free” is the reason that a few brave citizens- such as yourself- pay the enormous price of dedicating their lives to the armed forces. As you lay your life on the line today and every day that you don a military uniform, know that my prayers are with your safe return to the home of the brave. Thank you for your gallant service to your country!
- It is said that there is no higher honor than to serve your fellow men; even so, your sacrifice for our country deserves accolades from every citizen across the nation. Without the valiance, dedication, and spirit of you and your fellow men and women in uniform, America wouldn’t be the land of the free. Thank you for risking it all to protect everything that matters.
- Having a kind, strong, and determined person like you in my life already makes me proud- however, your decision to serve in our nation’s armed forces is the reason for my constant elation! I protected and nurtured you when you were young so that you could grow up with the strength to do whatever you wanted in life. Henceforth, you will be honored and renowned as a cherished defender of America’s borders.
- Dear Member of the Armed Forces,
I would like to personally thank you for your service, gallantry, and commitment to the United States. Not only must a soldier be brave, but also selfless to protect and serve our nation both stateside and abroad. As your family awaits your return, I’d like to thank you for your sacrifice for our country.
- Dear Fellow Military Member,
On this National Day of the Deployed, I’d like to encourage and thank you for your sacrifice for our country. As I know from personal experience, laying your life on the line while you’re far from home is a frightening experience; however, bravery is being afraid and still doing what must be done.
You are nothing short of a modern hero, and it’s thanks to men and women like you that all of your fellow Americans are secure, comfortable, and free. Your comrade in arms,
How Do You Say Thank You For Your Dedication
- No matter how big a crowd may be, your fighting spirit and larger-than-life presence make you stand out! Thank you for being a member of the armed forces.
- Whereas some people can only find obstacles, you always find solutions. In other words, we’d like to express our gratitude for your problem-solving skills!
- America’s veterans will be proud to accept a talented soldier like you among their ranks. Thank you for your sacrifice for our country in deciding to enlist in the military.
- Soldiers with your talent and sense of duty are the pride and joy of our nation. We would like to express our gratitude for making us all proud!
- None of your efforts will be in vain,
Not your suffering nor your pain.
So long as you rise to fight again,
The land of the free will still remain.
- Working alongside someone with talent, bravery, and a selfless nature is ideal for any job; however, as members of the armed forces, it means life or death. Thank you for being the perfect soldier!
- Success for your career in the military means prosperity for our entire nation. Thank you for your service.
- Battlefield glory and history book entries aren’t your motivations as a soldier. Nevertheless, your gallant service to our country will not go unnoticed.
- Many see a job well done but few come forward with a word of appreciation; therefore, I’d like to thank you for your sacrifice for our country.
- America’s veterans are blessed to have you among their number; correspondingly, the citizens of our nation owe you the utmost respect for your service.
How Do You Write A Message Of Appreciation
- Knowing you personally isn’t necessary to thank you for your sacrifice for our country.
- For maintaining our nation’s title of “the land of the free,” we’d like to express our gratitude.
- Protecting our country and upholding the constitution is imperative to our freedom. Thank you for being a member of the armed service- and moreover, for our freedom!
- Miracles come in all shapes and sizes- perhaps most notably, in the form of a dedicated member of the armed forces. Thank you for blessing our nation with your service.
- Today and every day, you have my thanks; because without soldiers like you, I wouldn’t enjoy liberty and justice with every moment.
- Along with every veteran who’s served our country, we express our gratitude! We will never forget that the highest sacrifice is made by our vetrans!
- Thanks to the brave few who represent the men and women of our country in battle, America will remain the land of the free.
- No greater deed can be done than enlisting in the armed forces. Thank you for your gallant service to your country.
- Taking the time to thank one of America’s veterans is an honor; therefore, it is my pleasure to say, “thank you!”
- The quality of life enjoyed by your fellow men is thanks to your sacrifice for our country.