What to Say in a Sympathy Card For Loss Of Mother
A mother’s death is always a difficult time for children. When you are writing a sympathy card to a child who has lost their mother, it is important to express your condolences in a way that is personal and meaningful.
You may want to tell the child how much your mother meant to you, or share a special memory you have of her.
Whatever you write, be sure to express your sympathies and offer support during this difficult time.
You may be asking yourself, “Why send a condolence message? Should I send a condolence message?” or maybe you’re not sure how to write a condolence message at all.
When considering what to write in a sympathy card for someone you don’t know well, you should choose a simple, honest, and heartfelt quote.
However, answering the question of, “What do you say in a sympathy card for the loss of a mother?” requires a more personal touch if the grieving party is a close friend or a family member of yours, or if you knew their mother personally.
In any case, you should send sympathy cards when family members lose a loved one.
FREE Birthday Tracker Printable
-Don’t forget another birthday with our handy tracker.
-Give yourself time to get a card or gift before the big day.
-Easy to print PDF download.
What Do You Write When Someone's Mother dies?
When someone loses a mother, it feels like a piece of them has been torn away. A sympathy card is a way to let them know you are there for them and that you care.
Sympathy messages can be difficult to write! But what should you say in a sympathy card? Here are some examples of messages of what to write in a condolence card.
Sympathy Card Messages
Losing a mother is one of the hardest things a person can go through. The grieving process is often long and difficult, and it can be hard to know what to say to a grieving person!
First, avoid platitudes or clichés. These can feel insensitive and tone-deaf in the midst of grief. Second, keep your message brief and to the point. The grieving person has a lot on their mind. Finally, express your condolences sincerely and without judgement.
The grieving person is already going through a lot, and they need your support during this difficult time.
- We are so sorry for your loss at this difficult time. Please accept our most heartfelt condolences, we’d like to offer support in any way that you need it. The whole family is here for you, we will see you at the funeral service.
- In this time of mourning, I hope that you find yourself surrounded by loved ones and celebrating your grandmother’s remarkable life. I know this is a sad time for the whole family. Please accept our heartfelt condolences.
- What a wonderful tribute you put together for your mom. I have such fond memories with her. What a remarkable life she had. I know this is a horribly sad time, she will be deeply missed. Please reach out if we can help at all. You have my sincere sympathies. Sending my warmest condolences.
- Wishing you peace and comfort during your time of sorrow.
- My thoughts and prayers are with you as you cope with losing a loved one.
Finding The Right Words To Say To Someone Mourning The Loss Of A Mother
- It’s with heartfelt sympathy that I send you my deepest condolences for the loss of your mother.
- I have no words to describe how much your mother meant to me. I am deeply saddened by her loss, she will be greatly missed.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this time of sorrow.
- Remembering your wonderful mother and wishing you peace comfort.
What Do You Write in a Sympathy Card For a Friend's Mother?
- For the 17 years that I knew your mom, I knew a woman with a life lived around loved ones. She radiated so much joy, she will be greatly missed. She will be sorely missed.
- Losing a loved one is always hard, but losing your mom is a tragedy. Sending healing prayers to you and your family at this difficult time. She will remain in our hearts forever.
- Thinking of you and hoping you find peace and comfort as you remember a wonderful woman who had a life lived to protect, enrich, and love her family.
- Your family is in our thoughts and prayers; please accept our deepest sympathy.
- I hope that reading the sympathy messages that you receive brings you comfort during this time of grief. You have our deepest sympathies.
- Words fail at a time like this. Your mother was an amazing woman and she will be dearly missed. I know that you will take comfort in knowing that she is now at peace. This is such a difficult loss for you, so please reach out if I can help at all.
- As you cope with losing a loved one, you have my heartfelt sympathy, unwavering friendship, and a shoulder to cry on. Don’t forget the happy memories you had with her, she touched so many lives.
Condolence Messages For Loss Of A Mother
Losing a mother is one of the hardest things that a person can go through. A mom holds such an important place in one’s heart.
At a time like this, it can be difficult to find the right words to say.
However, simply letting the grieving person feel loved can make all the difference in their grieving process.
Here are a few examples of what to include in a card and some additional sympathy sentiments for the loss of a mother.
- We extend our deepest sympathy for your loss; that is to say, our hearts go out to you after having lost your mom.
- Your mother led a life lived to make others smile, laugh, and be kind to one another. Ultimately, her generous spirit will live on through the hearts that she touched.
- In the same way that your mother’s hopes and dreams were all about you, my thoughts and prayers are dedicated to you in your time of sorrow.
- Caring, selfless, and a pleasure to be around: I hope that you find comfort in knowing that your mom lives on through those characteristics that she instilled in you.
- No words can truly express the depth of our sympathy at this time. Your mother was a much loved lady and will be missed by all who knew her! We are here for you, and we wish you strength at this difficult time.
Sympathy Card Message For a Loved One.
Expressing sympathy to someone who has lost their mother can be difficult. Sending a personal sympathy message is greatly appreciated, even sharing a funny story is welcome.. Here are a few ideas of what to write in sympathy messages for loss.
- I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. May god bless you. Your father’s guiding hand will help you through this difficult time.
- I will cherish forever the time I spent with your mom, she was one in a million.
- Although your mother’s passing is tragic, I hope it brings you comfort to remember all the times she was there for you. She changed so many lives, she really was an amazing person!
- Losing a loved one is a time of sorrow in any case, but your mother’s passing is especially hard. We sent a funeral flower bouquet, I just wish we could have been there in person at such a time.
Sympathy Gift Ideas For Loss Of Mother
When it comes to sending a ‘gift’ to someone who is mourning the loss of a mother, take some time to really think about what night help them through this difficult time.
Would they like a picture frame to remember her by, or to curl up into a blanket. Would they prefer you to drop by with a bottle of wine to keep them company, or do you need to start cooking to ensure they are eating.
Any effort you make during this painful time, will make a lasting impression them. Let them know you are around and available anytime they need you – that is gift enough.
- Sympathy card messages can only scratch the surface when uncovering what a terrible loss you’re facing. Your mother touched so many lives, please accept this sympathy message, we are deeply saddened by her loss.
- Sending my heartfelt sympathy as you grieve the loss of your mother. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers at this sad time.
- Your mother’s passing means the whole community is losing a loved one, because of her generous outreach during her life lived to inspire, enrich, and encourage others.
What To Write To Someone Who Lost Their Mother
- You are in my thoughts and prayers as I hope that you find love, peace and comfort in the arms of your family during this time of sorrow.
- I never thought that I’d sign a sympathy card for your strong, resilient, and vibrant mom. I pray that you find comfort in knowing that hers was a life lived to the fullest.
- Finding the right words to express our sympathy is difficult, owing to the generous, kind, and caring nature of your dear mother.
- Please accept this sympathy card as my way to offer support during this time of sorrow; no matter how I can help just call and without delay, I’ll be there if you need me.
- Because it’s exhausting- expressing your sympathy for the loss of your wonderful mother- remember to take time for yourself to recharge.
Condolence Messages to Send for the Loss of a Mother
- Although you’re grieving the loss of your mother, I hope that you find comfort in knowing that above all, she loved you fiercely.
- Grateful though I am to have known your mom, it’s saddening to hear of her passing. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers as I remember her kind, generous, and loving spirit.
- I’m wishing you peace and comfort by sending this condolence message, as your mother must be remembered for the many lives she touched.
- Please accept my heartfelt sympathy as one of your mother’s best friends, in the hope the love she shared with others brings you comfort in this dark time.
- Everyone agrees that your mom would light up every room she entered; truly, the same light emanates from you. I’m sending you my deepest condolences during your time of sorrow.
- As you cope with the loss of your beloved mentor, teacher, and mom, I can only offer support as soon as you ask for it.
- Celebrating the life of your dearly departed mother doesn’t negate the pain you feel from the loss; however, there is comfort in remembering the joy, peace, and love that she shared with others.
- Because of her incredible ability to connect others, your mother will be missed by everyone she knew. You have my deepest sympathy.
What Can I Say Instead of Sorry for Your Loss?
- No one can replace a mom, but God can comfort a grieving heart; therefore, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
- Because of her rare gift to bring people together, countless people are losing a loved one alongside you as your mother is being laid to rest. May you find peace and comfort from a community ready to offer support to the family of a local hero.
- Although everyone’s mom is a real hero, yours was a wonderful, vibrant, and special person who led a life lived to the fullest. I hope you find comfort in knowing that not a second of her life was wasted.
- I came to the realization that writing a sympathy card to you means that I’ll never see my best friend again. However, I know that your mother will live on in a special place in your heart.
Short Condolence Messages For Someone Who Lost Their Mom
- Many sympathy card messages will come your way, because of all the lives your mother touched with her warm, kind, and generous spirit. Please accept my deepest condolences.
- Having known what a wonderful woman your mom was during her life lived to serve God, I send you my heartfelt sympathy.
- It’s to know what to write in a sympathy card about someone I never met; however, your mom’s greatness was evidenced by your obviously excellent upbringing. You have my deepest sympathy.
- I’ve had trouble finding the words to wish you well as you mourn the passing of your mom; with this in mind, I send you this sympathy card and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
- Remember that even in your time of sorrow, you must carry the memory of your mother the same way that she carried you as a child: with love, peace and comfort.
Personal Sympathy Message For Loss of Mother
- It is with a heavy heart that give you this sympathy card for my dear friend, knowing that you have lost not only your best friend and mentor, but also your mother. I am so sorry for your loss, I miss her so much.
- Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of your mother; although I didn’t have the pleasure of meeting her, I know that she was and always will be close to your heart.
- Don’t be ashamed about expressing your sympathy, because you aren’t alone in your grief. Please accept my deepest sympathy as a good friend of your mom’s.
- All of our time of Earth is a gift from God; however, it feels as though the world has been stolen from with the passing away of your mom. I pray that as she is laid to rest, you find peace and comfort in her legacy of love.
- No one can replace your mother; therefore, you will henceforth be in my thoughts and prayers.
- In your time of sorrow, I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that your mom is happy, healthy, and waiting for you in heaven.
- Sending my deepest condolences as you grieve the loss of your family’s matriarch.
- Although I’ve addressed this condolence message to you, it extends to your entire family. Your mother’s kind, loving, and warm personality is echoed through the children and grandchildren that she raised.
FREE Daily Reflections Printable Worksheets
-Start your day with positive energy and a plan to succeed
-Remember your blessings every day and fill your heart with positivity to take into the world.
-Easy to print PDF download.
What Ae Some Comforting Words After a Hard Loss?
- Please accept this sympathy card as my family’s way to offer support to yours as you all mourn the passing of your mother. Hoping that you find peace and comfort.
- You can’t help but smile when celebrating the life of a special, loving, and spirited woman like your mom. With my deepest sympathy.
- Although losing a loved one as treasured as your mother is a saddening tragedy, I hope it brings you comfort to know that she brought joy to many others. Sharing your sadness.
- If there’s any way that we can offer support to your family in this time of sorrow, you need only but ask. With heavy hearts, [Signature].
- Because of the love, joy, and happiness that your mother shared with everyone she met, her legacy will live on. With heartfelt sympathy, [Signature].
- For her life lived to make the world a better place, your mother deserves to be remembered as a hero. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
- On one hand, my heart aches with the loss of your mom; however, my heart sings with her sweet memory. My deepest sympathy.
- Writing a sympathy card with your dear mother in mind is the saddest thing that I’ve had to do. Wishing you time to heal.
Best Sympathy Messages For Loss
- While reading sympathy card messages, you’ll find that your mom had many friends that knew how much she loved you. With heartfelt sympathy.
- Losing a loved one like your mother is truly a loss for the entire world. May time bring you healing, peace and comfort.
- It hasn’t been easy, finding the right words to express our sympathy in the wake of your mother’s passing away; however, her impact on our family will last for generations. With deepest sympathy.
- Wishing you peace and comfort during this time of sorrow, because of the loss of your mother.
- As you feel the pain of losing a loved one, I hope that you find peace and comfort among your family. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
- Along with my deepest condolences, I’d like to offer support to you and your family as you cope with the loss of your beloved mom. With heartfelt sympathy.
- Losing a loved one is painful, and especially when it’s your mom; however, you aren’t alone in your loss. From one of many lives she touched.
- Hoping that you can find comfort in the wonderful memories, although you’re grieving the loss of an excellent mother.
- You have my deepest sympathy during your time of sorrow.
- Because she touched many lives with her kindness, many people will offer support to you as you mourn.
What To Write In A Sympathy Card For A Friend Who Is Grieving
- The silver lining in the dark cloud that is the passing of your dear mom is that you’re celebrating the life of an extraordinary individual.
- Whenever you needed someone to talk to, your mother was only a call away; henceforth, you can always count on me to answer your calls. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.
- Wishing you peace and comfort during this difficult time of sorrow.
- Please know that you are in our hearts, thoughts and prayers as you mourn the loss of your mom.
- Finding the right words to express our sympathy for the loss of your mother is difficult; however, know that you have our deepest sympathy during this dark time.
- My heart goes out to you and your family. May you find comfort in your mom’s freedom from pain and suffering.
- Because of her free-spirited nature, your mom is gone but not forgotten. You have my heartfelt sympathy.
Short Condolence Messages
- I will always remember your mother fondly.
- Your mother was such an important part of your life.
- While you mourn the passing of your mom, I hope it brings you comfort to know that many others are grieving alongside you.
- Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss, and feel free to call me for any time.
- If you need someone to talk to, we are only a phone call away.
- I wish I could take away your pain!
- I know you and your mom were close, I’m available morning, noon or night. Just call! I am so sorry for your loss.
Short Sympathy Messages
- Please know that you are not alone during this difficult time.
- Your mother was an amazing lady and she will be dearly missed.
- Wishing you all the best as you go through this difficult time.
- I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother.
- Your mother was a great woman and will be missed by all who knew her!
- Wishing you strength at this difficult time!
- I hope you find comfort in your memories and in the love of family and friends at this time.
What To Write In A Sympathy Card For Loss Of A Mother
When someone’s mother dies, it can be difficult to know what to say in a sympathy card. You may feel like you want to say something that will make them feel better, but sometimes the best thing you can do is simply express your condolences and offer your support.
Here are some ideas for what you can write in a sympathy card for loss of a mother.
- You’re in my thoughts and prayers as you grieve the loss of your one-in-a-million mom.
- In the hearts, memories, and smiles of the people that she knew, your mother continues to shine like a star. I hope that you can find comfort in knowing that your mom was an out-of-this-world person.
- It was truly a pleasure to work with your mom, and our family within the office is losing a loved one alongside you.
- Although I didn’t know your mom personally, I know she must have been special to raise someone like you. Sending you my deepest condolences during this time of sorrow.
- Extending my deepest condolences as you mourn your mom’s passing away; because of her tremendous outreach, the entire community is losing a loved one.
- She will always be in your heart and her memory will remain among all who knew her.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
What To Write On A Belated Sympathy Message
The loss of a mother is one of the most difficult things a person can go through. The loss of a mother leaves a hole in your heart that can never be filled!
If you are struggling to find the right words to say to someone who has lost their mother, here are some sympathy messages you can use.
- Due to her nurturing, inspirational, and selfless nature, your mother will be remembered for many generations.
- Some of the happiest memories I have are of your mom, she will remain in my memories forever. I am sorry for your loss.
- I sent this condolence message as soon as I heard of my friend’s passing passing. You certainly have my warmest condolences. This is such a tragic thing to happen to a wonderful family. I’m here for you!
- Only recently did I learn of your mom’s death, I know this is a horribly sad time so if I can help in anyway, please reach out!
- Despite this being later than your other sympathy card messages, I will offer support in any way you need it. Whether it’s a pot of soup, a shoulder to cry on, or ice cream or a movie, I’m only a phone call away.
- While I was away, I got word that your mother had passed on. I’ll pay you a visit the next chance I get; in the meantime, please accept my deepest condolences.
- We’re so sorry for the loss of your mother, and that we couldn’t be there alongside you, at her funeral. Please accept our heartfelt sympathy.
- Losing a loved one such as your mother must have been a terrible loss to you. Although I couldn’t be there for you at the time, I’d like to offer my support moving forward.
What To Send as a Sympathy Gift?
Food is a good comfort gift when it comes to loss, because no-one is feeling like cooking but it is important to carry on. A gift basket is a great idea because it keeps the family snacking, when they don’t feel like eating!
It’s almost like giving them a loving hug, and letting them know you are there for them.
- It’s natural to feel lost and alone after such a huge loss. Please know that you are not alone in your grief. We all loved your mom deeply, she was an amazing person
- Nothing that I can say could lessen the pain of losing a loved one such as your dear mother. This is a sad time for you and your family, your friends are here when you need them.
- During this difficult time, you have my sincerest, deepest sympathy.
- Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as you mourn the loss of such an amazing woman.
- Should you need someone to talk to, you have only to call me. You’re in my thoughts and prayers.
- Love knows no boundaries, therefore your mom will always be with you in spirit. Please accept my message of heartfelt sympathy.
What Should I Say To A Friend Whose Mother Has Died
- Hearing about your mom’s passing away left me terribly saddened, please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family.
- Love, respect, and gratitude for your mother is expressed by everyone she encountered. We are so sorry for your loss.
- I am trying to find the words to write in a sympathy message but it’s hard. I love you and I am here for you.
- Hoping that you find peace and comfort in knowing that my family is keeping you in their thoughts and prayers as you grieve the loss of your mom.
- May the heartwarming moments, loving memories, and lessons learned from your sweet mother bring comfort to your family during this time of sorrow.
- While you’re experiencing this dark time, I offer you my heartfelt sympathy in the hope that it brings you comfort.