What To Do When You Don’t Have A Valentine
Perhaps you’ve been in a long-term relationship or a series of courtships, and have had a date for Valentine’s Day every year until recently; therefore, you may be asking yourself, “How do you get the most out of Valentine’s Day when you’re single?” Keep reading for advice on celebrating Valentine’s Day without going through box after box of chocolates while crying and creeping on your ex’s social media pages- instead, you can make this a day to treat yourself, enjoy the finer things in life, and bolster your confidence with empowering quotes for single ladies on Valentine’s Day.
What Can A Single Girl Do On Valentine’s Day?
Most of the activities that come to mind when you think of Valentine’s Day are going to be swamped with kissing, hugging, loving couples. Therefore, single people may want to avoid these venues, and perhaps forgo leaving the house altogether. In any case, the best thing you can do is plan an engaging activity or an indulgent treat for yourself when celebrating Valentine’s day.
Watch A Funny Movie At Home
Although the romance and drama genres tend to provide tear-jerking, sappy, and intimate scenes, an upbeat comedic film can boost your spirit, like this one. Choose a goofy Adam Sandler movie, a Netflix Original comedy, or even a Youtube video of a comedian like Ellen Heller to get a good laugh.
Fun fact: laughter feels so good because it increases oxygen intake, stimulating your organs to release endorphins that reduce stress.
Keep Track Of Your Important Dates With Our FREE Tracker
Get Takeout From A Fancy Restaurant
Of course, getting a reservation at a fancy restaurant for one on February 14th is off the table, but getting carryout or delivery from an upscale bistro or steakhouse is a great way to treat yourself without sitting alone in public while couples celebrating their true love feed each other appetizers next to you.
Now more than ever, online ordering services and food delivery apps make it easy, affordable, and fast to get a great meal from almost anywhere.
Exercise can activate feel-good chemicals within your body that can help counteract stress, depression, and loneliness.
Treat Yourself To A Spa Day
If you have intent on celebrating Valentine’s Day as your own valentine, try pampering your body, hair, and nails with professional or at-home treatments.
Team Up With A Gal Pal
Maybe you’re too much of a social butterfly or hopeless romantic to endure V-Day without some kind of companionship, but you don’t want to just run out and snap up the first guy you see for a date; instead, you can invite another single lady over to enjoy some of the activities mentioned above!
What Can I Say Instead Of Happy Valentine’s Day?
- Sometimes true love and romance isn’t the point of celebrating Valentine’s Day. In fact, being your own valentine is an opportunity to love, empower, and spoil yourself.
- I hope that your Valentine’s Day is like a box of chocolates; that is, filled from corner to corner with delightful surprises!
- As you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day, I hope you find every reason to love being single.
- We may not talk like the girls on Sex and the City, but I hope you have a steamy, spicy, sultry Valentine’s Day- whether or not you have a date!
- Because being around your bubbly, kind, and energetic spirit feels so good, I wish you were my valentine.
- I don’t have much money, so I can’t send you fancy flowers, a box of chocolates, and a diamond bracelet. However, I hope you can enjoy February 14th knowing that I think you deserve it all.
- Of all the things that money can’t buy, true love is the most precious. However, celebrating Valentine’s Day alone means that you don’t have to share your candy.
- To express his love, admiration, and desire toward you, a man might buy you jewelry- even so, you shine brighter than any gem. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- On Valentine’s Day, I’m counting on you to enjoy yourself and love being single!
- You don’t have to fall in love to know what feels so good about celebrating Valentine’s Day. In fact, single people can enjoy the day however they want, with no limitations- so, have a blast!
- Wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day is just the beginning. In fact, there may even be a box of chocolates in your future!
- Knowing that you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day by treating yourself like a rock star feels so good, I could sing!
- Tonight you can dream about true love, but today you can apply Valentine’s Day quotes to yourself and love being single!
- If married and dating people all have a date on Valentine’s Day then at least single people have God’s love, too- keeping that in mind, you’re not really alone on February 14th, either way!
Gift For Single Women Valentines Day
Whether you’re planning on celebrating Valentine’s Day alone or with one or more single people, the best way to relax, indulge, and have a fun time is to acquire the right supplies beforehand. A “Galentine’s” slumber party won’t be complete without candy, popcorn, potato chips, or a carefully selected fruit plate, not to mention, a few bottles- or boxes- of wine!
You can stream, rent or purchase a movie, pick up supplies for DIY facials, mani/pedi treatments, and hairstyles; otherwise, just focus on spoiling yourself with new workout clothes and equipment, a fragrant bath soak, or even that pair of shoes that you’ve had your eye on.
Inspiring Quotes For Single Women On Valentine’s Day
- Being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean no one loves you; on the contrary, your true love simply hasn’t found you yet!
- Who needs to fall in love when you can hop into a tub with Ben and Jerry? Happy Valentine’s Day, with a Cherry Garcia on top.
- As you set forth with the intent of celebrating Valentine’s Day on your own, just keep in mind: I would totally date you.
- Happy Day for Singles Discrimination; that is, happy Valentine’s Day!
- If the couples are crowding all the places you’d like to go on Valentine’s Day then singles should claim the day after as their own. Happy Singles Awareness Day!
- Being alone feels so good, for me you must be sweeter than my solitude. A box of chocolates for me would be even better, unless we have to share it together.
- S.I.N.G.L.E = Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loyal and Enlightened. Therefore, to love being single is to be your own valentine!
- There’s no shame in being single on Valentine’s Day; after all, you were born that way.
- Because the most profound relationship we’ll ever have is the one with ourselves, celebrating Valentine’s Day with self love should make us a pair of happy singles!
- Like a couple of free birds, you and I are happy singles that enjoy the freedom of celebrating Valentine’s Day however we want!
- Being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t get a date. Maybe you don’t want to share your box of chocolates?
- If we seek paradise outside ourselves, we cannot have paradise in our hearts. Therefore, you should spend February 14th focusing on yourself instead of chasing down a valentine.
- I don’t like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone; after all, seeing some other people’s relationships makes me love being single.
- Happy Valentine’s Day to you, and your wonderful valentine- which is also you!
Funny Quotes For Single Ladies On Valentine’s Day
- “I love being single. It’s almost like being rich.”- Sue Grafton
- Your intent of celebrating Valentine’s Day alone is admirable, but there’s no shame in calling on a friend, family member, or exotic dancer to cheer you up!
- This February 14th, take a moment to laugh thoroughly at your married friends that are stuck at home with their needy husbands and kids, while you enjoy life and love being single.
- If it’s Valentine’s Day for married couples then singles are observing Divorce Awareness Day!
- Good thing for you, there’s no crime in being single on Valentine’s Day; otherwise, you’d be a world-class criminal.
- If couples try to prove that they found “the one” on Valentine’s Day then singles get to relish in the knowledge that they’re not with the wrong one.
- Of all the quotes for single ladies, the following is the queen of them all. “I’ve been single for a while, and I have to say, it’s going very well. Like… it’s working out. I think I’m the one!”- Emily Heller
- Although you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day alone, you have a box of chocolates, a comfy bed, and a big TV all to yourself!
- February 14th can empty out the bank accounts of married and dating couples; therefore, your wallet will love being single this year!
- Even if you just stay home and watch Sex and the City, I hope you have a thrilling, sensual, and happy Valentine’s Day!
- Single people don’t have to feel left owing to Valentine’s Day. After all, you can eat a box of chocolates and drink a bottle of wine without help!
- Knowing about your intent of celebrating Valentine’s Day, my suggestion is that you spend money like a millionaire to spoil your one true love: you!
- Being single on Valentine’s Day isn’t all bad- as a matter of fact, it’s very good for your bank account!
- There’s a lot of public pressure to fall in love, but remember what your heart is really meant for: pumping blood.
- It’s not that I can’t get a valentine, I’m trying to break the Guinness world record for most Valentine Days spent alone- that is, if you don’t beat me to it!
Send Messages Of Encouragement To A Friend Thats Down
- Valentine’s Day quotes that explain how it feels so good to fall in love with someone else might bring you down; however, if you apply all that to yourself, you can love being single!
- Because you’re a smart, ambitious, and talented individual, I know that you can get anything you want- therefore, if you’re single on Valentine’s Day, I have to assume you’re one of the happy singles! Have a great V-Day.
- Keep your head, hair, and heels high while you’re celebrating Valentine’s Day solo- surely, your confidence will carry you anywhere you want to go!
- February 14th is a day for true love, champagne, and a box of chocolates, but if you don’t have that first item, Singles Awareness Day is only a day away!
- Like the brightest star in the galaxy, the most brilliant diamond, or the fiercest inferno, you light up the room whenever you enter. Having said that, Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Considering that couples are chained together on Valentine’s Day then singles are as free as birds in the sky- so fly high, have fun, and love being single!
- Your independence and outgoing nature coupled with my confidence and party-planning skills makes us a pair of happy singles! Let’s have a Valentine’s Day brunch with good food, wine, and conversation- Sex and the City style!
- February 14th may seem like a day for singles discrimination- but tomorrow is Singles Awareness Day, and all the valentines and candy are on sale!
- Like a shooting star, you’re brilliant, beautiful and impossible to not witness; however, you’re hard to catch, too! Having said that, being single on Valentine’s Day is a symptom is a symptom of your brilliance.
- Who needs to fall in love when you have great friends? Even though we all have valentines, I hope you have a happy Valentine’s Day practicing self love, and we’ll hang out tomorrow!
- Although Prince Charming isn’t sweeping you off your feet, you’re a queen in your own right; therefore, embrace yourself and love being single. Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Despite being single on Valentine’s Day, nothing is stopping you from getting a box of chocolates, a case of champagne, and a saucy film!
- You may think that there aren’t any happy singles on February 14th- however, some couples just sit at home with beer, pizza, and a movie, as well!
- We tend to get the results in life that we think we deserve; having said that, you deserve to have a happy Valentine’s Day while you treat yourself, do the things you enjoy, and love being single!
- Without a doubt, you’re the smartest, kindest and most fun person I know, so I’m glad that you’re your own valentine- it feels so good to know that you’re with the best of all single people!
Let Her Know You Care On Valentines
- You don’t have to fall in love to be special to someone, because you’re already the most important person in my life. Have a happy Valentine’s Day!
- Locks are never made without a matching key; similarly, my heart only opens when your friendship enters! Happy Singles Awareness Day, to my bestie.
- You’re the sunshine on a cloudy day, the shoulder I cry on, and the first one I call for anything; having said that, a box of chocolates isn’t enough to reciprocate your love on February 14th!
- True love looks glamorous on TV, but the love between best friends like us is indisputable- therefore, we’ll be two happy singles together on V-Day!
- Wishing a happy Valentine’s Day to a rare, radiant, and radical babe; that is to say, enjoy yourself and love being single all day long.
- Your eyes light up a room
Your smile lights up the sky
You’re single on Valentine’s Day
And everyone wonders why
- It feels so good to be around you, so I hope your V-Day is a dream come true.
- On February 14th, I hope that you can kick up your feet and relax, because you’re always running through my mind.
- You and I are birds of a feather, so on Valentine’s Day we should flock together!
- Quotes for single ladies on Valentine’s Day can been more depressing than silence. Having said that, I just hope you have a great day!
- A day without you is a day without the sun, a night without you is a night without the moon; a life without you isn’t a life at all- therefore, enjoy Valentine’s Day like you’re having a ball!
- I don’t group you in with single people because you’re married to your job; however, whenever February 14th falls on a weekend, you’ll have to be your own Valentine!
- Even though Valentine’s Day means getting gifts lavished upon you, you can afford your own teddy bear or box of chocolates.
- To fall in love, one only needs to look deeply into your eyes- with this in mind, you should look in the mirror and love being single on Valentine’s Day.
- Just like a gourmet hamburger, you have all the best ingredients- not to mention, a great set of buns! Happy Valentine’s Day, with a side of fries and a chocolate shake.
What To Say To Your Single Friend
- To be in a relationship doesn’t require that you fall in love; in fact, you should start with yourself.
- Single people that have confidence, love, and respect for themselves will attract likewise minded partners.
- Don’t expect to find love at the bottom of a box of chocolates- or a box of wine, for that matter.
- The best way to be single on Valentine’s Day is by doing the things you enjoy the most, whether or not you have company.
- True love always starts with yourself.
- Don’t look for someone to treat you like a princess every February 14th; instead, find someone who treats you like a queen every day.
- Happy singles are confident, independent, and adventurous; therefore, there’s no reason to pursue a relationship for the sake of celebrating Valentine’s Day with a partner.
- Although it feels so good to fall in love, it isn’t true love if you’re the only one making an effort.
- In case you feel lonely, be ready to call, text, or email a friend for inspirational Valentine’s Day quotes, humorous anecdotes, or even an in-person meet up! That way, you can have a happy Valentine’s Day, no matter what.