Send Lovely Holiday Wishes To Someone Who Is Grieving
When a close friend or family member is grieving during the holidays, it can be very difficult to send holiday wishes. The typical cheery, life is wonderful” greeting do not apply in this situation. So finding the right words to express your love and support can be tough.
Should You Send Christmas Cards After Death?
In most cases, absolutely you should send holiday messages to friends and family during grieving. For a grieving person, the holidays can be an especially difficult time. Their loss of a loved one is combined with fond memories of holidays past, family traditions, etc. A card to your grieving friends or family letting them know that you are thinking of them can make all the difference.
How Do You Celebrate Christmas When Someone Dies?
It is important to allow someone to feel whatever they are feeling during this time. Do not try to force “holiday cheer” but look for small ways to allow them a bit of happiness or a laugh. Simply being there is often enough. While larger holiday traditions may be left to the side for this season, a new tradition may come about organically.
Watching a movie, focusing on a new recipe, going to a different place than would be the normal holiday haunts are all possible ways to move through the season while also avoiding feelings of loneliness and isolation.
The main thing is to let them know that they are valued by you and that you are supporting them through this most difficult time.
What To Say To Someone Who Is Grieving During The Holidays?
- I am incredibly sorry for your loss.
- I wish I had the right words… just know that I’m here for you.
- I cannot imagine how you are feeling, but I am sure that you will get through this.
- You and your loved one will be in my thoughts this holiday.
- The death of a loved one is always hard. Nonetheless, his/her best parts will live on in our memories.
- If you need someone to talk to, I am just a phone call away.
- Whether it is a hug or words of encouragement, I’ll be here for you.
- In difficult times like this, we must all stay together and support each other.
- I know you’re having a difficult time, but I wish you a loved Christmas anyway.
- You don’t have to say anything – I won’t let you be alone on Christmas day.
How To Wish Someone A Merry Christmas After A Loss
- Our love and thoughts are with you during the Christmas season. I hope that it brings you new hope and opportunities!
- May God bless your family during this Christmas holidays. Even though I’m far away, I wish you much love and prayers.
- May the promise of Christmas fill your heart with comfort and peace.
- Merry Christmas, dear. I have lost a loved one before, and I know how hard it is, so please know that I’m here for you. May God bless you and your family.
- You are like family to me, and like they say: we shouldn’t leave family behind. This holiday, I’m sending much love to you and your children. Love you, darling!
- You are constantly in our hearts and minds. May this Christmas bring you comfort and love.
- I hate it when I see my friends grieve. I know I can’t fill the massive hole in your heart, but please let my kids and I be your company this Christmas Eve!
- I’m thinking of you this Christmas season. Remember that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
- I hope that you’re doing okay, hun. I wish you a lovely Christmas!
- Our family believe in the miracle of Christmas, which is why I believe that the holidays will heal your heart.
What to Say On The First Holiday Without A Loved One
- The stocking on the mantel is as empty as my heart this holiday. Christmas isn’t the same without you, wish you were here!
- I could only dream of hearing your voice again, but I smile knowing you are singing Gloria with the angels in heaven this Christmas.
- I pray that the Christmas star shines brightly upon all those missing loved ones in heaven.
- Like freshly fallen snow, my tears fall in the reminder of those I lost this year… I hope he/she is doing alright up there.
- I miss you more than ever. The only wish on my Christmas list this year is to see your beautiful eyes again. See you in my dreams.
- In the still quiet of a cold December night, I feel your spirit warming my heart.
- If only Santa’s sleigh could take me to see you among the angels… that would make my Christmas.
- Since you left, Christmas carols don’t seem to have the same jingles. I wish you were here, sweetheart.
- The ache of your loss will never leave, but every night, I pray that you are resting peacefully up there.
- Even though I’m sad you are not with me this Christmas, may you rest and rejoice in heaven.
- One less gift under the tree and one less face to see. Christmas will never be the same without you, my love.
- The glistening snow reflects my falling tears as I remember you this Christmas. My heart has never been emptier.
- Christmas brings back memories of you. Instead of focusing on the bad, I focus on the good ones, and it helps me get through the pain.
- Facing the holidays without you has been hell. My skin longs for your touch, my ears long for your voice… but no matter what, you are always in my heart.
- White Christmases may come and go, but my love for you lives forever.
Cards For Someone Who Lost A Loved One
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- He/she will definitely be missed.
- I hope you feel surrounded by love today.
- If only I could make your sadness go away in a heartbeat…
- My condolences. Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs.
- You have my greatest sympathy. We will always remember him/her.
- When I heard that your grandfather/grandmother passed away, I was truly heartbroken. My thoughts are with you and your family.
- In remembrance of your wonderful mother, I wish you a comforting Christmas.
- It was pleasure working with your father/mother for [x] years. His kindness will be remembered.
- Thinking of you all as you reminisce your grandmother’s remarkable life.
- Just like you, we would give up almost anything to spend one more minute with him/her.
- I just realised that it was a year ago today… I wish you much peace and comfort as you remember your closest friend.
- Our family will always open our doors for you. You’re much like our own.
- I wish I could hold you right now and assure you that everything will be okay.
- I pray that God will grant you the strength you need to get through this challenging time.
Christmas Card Etiquette After Death In Family
- I can only imagine how hard this year’s holiday is for you… So, I want you to know that I’m keeping you in my heart.
- I know this holiday probably won’t be your best. The new year is around the corner, and I hope that it brings some wonderful surprises your way.
- Last year was so difficult for me after my mother/father passed away. It felt like I lost a piece of myself. If you need to talk to someone, I’m always happy to lend an ear. I understand what you’re going through.
- I can be the one lighting the Christmas candles in the place of the mother this year, if it’s too hard for you. I keep thinking about her recently… I know how much she loved the holidays.
- Christmas was my dad’s favorite holiday. Going on a mission to find the perfect gifts for everyone always made him so happy. He was a believer in the spirit of Christmas… now, I feel like his spirit is part of the holiday.
- Grandpa/grandma’s absence will be felt at our table this year. But I’m sure that the hole he/she left behind will be filled with overflowing love and warmth as time goes by.
- This will be our first Christmas without Mom. As you remember, she took great pleasure in sending and receiving holiday cards. Although she’s not here with us anymore, let’s keep doing this tradition. That way, she’ll be with us in spirit.
- As you may know, my sister loved singing. Christmas carols were special favorites of hers. This year, as you sing along to your favorite songs, think of her. Think of all the happy memories you all shared with her… let’s keep her alive in our minds.
- Here’s to healing, new beginnings, and drawing power from our wonderful memories of past Christmases!
- I’m thinking of you this Christmas Eve. Sending you buckets and buckets of love <3
Holiday Message For The Grieving
- I’m sorry to hear about the passing of your loved one. You have my family’s condolences, my friend.
- Deaths are the hardest things to overcome. Please accept this gift from my family to yours.
- Please accept this gift from my heart to yours. I hope it can help you go through this time of loss.
Christmas Message For The Grieving Family
- Happy holidays, sweetie. Our love and thoughts are with you this Christmas season.
- May God bless your heart this Christmas season. With much love, I wish you a happy holiday despite the empty chair.
- May the joy of Christmas fill your soul with comfort and peace.
- Christmas marks the Holy birth of hope and the promise of everlasting life. May God bless your family and grant you peace and comfort, especially after all you’ve been through. You deserve it.
- May Christmas day bring you a new wave of happiness. Sending our love to your family.
- No matter how far apart we are, you are in our hearts. May this Christmas bring you comfort and love.
- I wish you comfort from our shared memories of past Christmases.
- Remember that this is just another chapter in your life. It will end and another one will bring in more hope.
- Wishing you have a peaceful Christmas. I’m thinking of you and [name], who must be in heaven.
- Here’s to hoping for a Christmas miracle! But even if we don’t get one this year, let’s make the most out of the holidays.
Holiday Message For Someone Who Lost A Loved One
- Dark times will end. Wishing you tranquility, followed by joy!
- I hope that you’ll have a nice and warm holiday season to recharge yourself.
- I’m tremendously grateful to have you as my best friend, and this Christmas, let me take care of you.
- I’m sorry I couldn’t be there to comfort you, but you’re in my prayers!
- Here’s a heartfelt wish from my home to yours!
- You’ve had a rough year, indeed, but may your wishes come true next year. Happy Holidays!
- Missing you even more at this time of the year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
- Christmas doesn’t feel complete without you here. No matter how you’re feeling, you’ll make it to the other side safe and sound!
- I wish I could have you by my side this Christmas. Nevertheless, I wish you a wonderful holiday!
- It’s hard when the holiday season comes during a difficult time, but I wish you a new year full of love and fulfilment!
How To Say Merry Christmas To Someone Who Is Grieving
- I’m so grateful for our friendship – for that, you can always lean on me.
- I’m so thankful that I’m able to be with you right now.
- I can’t make the pain go away, but I can spend time with you and help you cope with the pain.
- I know life feels hollow right now, but you will smile again!
- During the holiday season, [name]’s absence will surely be felt. I’ll be there if you need me.
- The holidays will bring you a mix of emotions… but please remember to focus on the good ones, don’t mourn again!
- I feel for your loss.
- I wish that words could heal. Just know that I share your sadness.
- I can’t take your feelings away, but I am here to help in any way I can.
- You and your partner will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Christmas Message After Loss
- I know that this will be your first Thanksgiving without him/her. Would you like to spend the holidays with us?
- I’m keeping you and your family in my prayers this second Hanukkah after [say the name]’s death. It must be hard adjusting to his/her absence.
- You should not sit alone at church during Christmas Eve. Would you like to join us?
- I’ve brought you this token as a symbol of [one of the seven principles] to share with you this first week of Kwanzaa without him/her.
- I know this New Year’s Eve will be tough without [the name of the deceased] here with you, but please enjoy it as much as you can!
- Will you like to join our family for vacation?
- May I come visit with you this Christmas? It would be my pleasure.
- If you’d like to talk about [the name of the lost loved one], I’m all ears.
Christmas Message For Bereaved Person
- I hope this holiday card brings a smile on your face! Sending you much love and warm wishes.
- Thinking of you this Christmas. Love you always, babe.
- You’re very much in my thoughts this time of year. Wanna have a call?
- I don’t know what to say, but one thing’s for sure: I’ll always be by your side.
- You and your daughter/son are the best people I know… you don’t deserve this, and that is how I know that this trial will end soon.
Christmas Message For Bereaved Person
- Hearing about the death of my closest colleague’s wife is just heartbreaking. As I am writing this letter, my heart reaches out to you. May she rest in peace.
- Old friend, I’m sorry for your loss. Please don’t let your sorrow keep you from enjoying Christmas.
- As difficult as it is, things happen for a reason. These trying times will make you stronger.
- The first Christmas without your little girl must be hard… If you need anything, don’t hesitate to shoot me a text!
- Christmas should be spent with your loved ones… even though [name] is gone, you are always welcome at my house.
Holiday Wishes After Losing A Loved One
- This holiday season, I want you to fully take in the Christmas spirit.
- How are you today? I hope this holiday is not too tough for you…
- This might not be anyone’s ideal holiday, but I’m sure better days will come. You’re a person who attracts positive energy.
- It’s normal for you to feel however you feel this holiday season. This has probably been said a lot, but you’ll get through this!
- I would love to spend time with you this Christmas, especially when you’re in desperate need of some good company!